What’s the one item in your kitchen you can’t possibly cook without? A spice, your grandma’s measuring cup, instant ramen — what’s your magic ingredient, and why?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us KITCHEN.
Onion. The magic ingredient without which recipe isn’t simply complete. I feel its the best vegetable invented by God. Onion symbolizes many things about life. Why else did Carl Sandburg say, “Life is an onion – you peel it off one layer at a time and sometimes cry”. Only the realized souls know the value of it.
Onion is such a distinguished and respected vegetable that a news source agency of US has honored it by naming itself The Onion. No doubt it has seen pretty good success and going strong given the love for even the name of it. Comparisons are wrong but I still need to do it, to bring out the distinction the onion has got among its peer vegetables. For example many might’ve heard about the famous film critic site Rotten tomatoes. The reason its hugely followed? because it’s ‘rotten’ tomatoes.
Like every good thing on this earth has critics, there are onion-haters for onions. I can’t imagine why someone can possibly dislike it. They’ve even gone to the extent of fabricating quotes on the lines of the famous saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” to “An onion a day keeps everyone away”. Agreed! they cause bad breath. From when did breath become more important than health and life? Moreover there are plenty of toothpaste and commercial stuff which claim to fight bad breath. Use them. In fact studies even recommend to eat onion every day.
Yeah. Onion makes you cry. Tell me some fruit which makes you laugh. None. Onion reminds you of the pains of life. Is there any other fruit or vegetable with these mysterious powers? Why did God bestow such powers to onion? Because its ‘special’. Long live onion!
Daily Prompt : http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/daily-prompt-ingredients/
Image Source : http://thumbs.ifood.tv/files/imagecache/600×500/eat_onion_for_healthy_heart-159342.jpg
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Simple Dublin Coddle | Exploratorius
- The perfect mixture | A Teacher’s Blog
- Keep Me Out of the Kitchen | Under the Monkey Tree
- Lazy Mom’s Stuffed Peppers – It’s All About the Soy Sauce | The Pinterested Parent
- Painting Beaks on Marzipan Chickens! Aberystwyth Blogs… | alienorajt
- The Kitchen Witches Creed | My Little Avalon
- Can’t Cook Without It: A Haiku; Sunday, February 9, 2014 | LisaRosier.com
- DP Daily Prompt: Ingredients | Sabethville
- Ingredient? | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Ingredients | A Room of One’s Own
- Daily Prompt: Ingredients | The Wandering Poet
- Nuking 500* | thoughtsofrkh
- http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/daily-prompt-ingredients/ | preethikarthik06
- Daily Prompt: Ingredients | Basically Beyond Basic
- Hunter | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Hunger games (in colour) | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Oh sugar! | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Vampires worst nightmare… | My Weigh To Lose
- What is cooking?? | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Jumpstart Your Creative Mojo | Pairings :: Art + What Goes With It
- Daily Prompt: Ingredients | A Day In The Life
- Daily Prompt: Ingredients | thoughts and entanglements
- SPICY Sunday
- If You Don’t Have Bacon Grease, Then You Ain’t Cooking! | meanderedwanderings
- Kitchen | Purple Rosemary
- Daily Prompt: Ingredients | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Daily Prompt: Ingredients | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- My Must Have | Flowers and Breezes
- Secret Ingredient | U Be Cute – Follow the child inside of you…
- that’s amore | peacefulblessedstar
- MORNING IN THE KITCHEN | SERENDIPITY
- Suicide no. 24: The Embittered Housewife | derekalanwilkinson
- Bialetti! Gotta’ have it/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- I Have No Time, My Ass! How To Cook Healthy While Getting Ready To Go Out. | The Playground
- I Can’t Live Without You! « One Crazy Mom
- The Boots’ Redemption | The Jittery Goat