You’ve been granted magical engineering skills, but you can only use them to build one gadget or machine. What do you build?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us MACHINES.
I would like an IQ measuring gadget. Yeah you heard it right. I do NOT want a time machine or an Iron man suit! I don’t understand what fascination people seem to have with these. I assume mostly its because they think its sort of cool to say it or just that, it’s the maximum scientific expertise they’ve been told of. Moreover time machine is paradoxical in itself and would cause chaos if becomes a reality. And Iron man suit. I have just one phrase for it. “Comics are for kids”.
Coming back to IQ, I know you would say, “Why do you need a gadget for it? There are IQ tests for the same etc. etc.”. I don’t believe in these fabricated tests. Infact I’ve given such tests and was surprised to get a low score. Knowing truly well that I’m an intellectually gifted person, it proves beyond doubt that there can’t be any fixed test which can measure IQ. Firstly, it can be faked just like any psychological tests which say what your nature is. Secondly, the IQ of population together changes with time, geography, environment etc. For example, our forefathers who invented wheel might’ve thought they were the coolest dudes. But, with the awesome internet, Kinect and Google Glass we KNOW that we are the most advanced and the coolest ones.
Now, why would I need it? Why else? to know how intelligent a person is. Sometimes we deal with people whom we assume to be intelligent. But they are intelligent enough only to hide their foolishness. How does it help? It’s very important to judge people by their IQ before conversing. This has double advantage. Firstly, intelligence is a precious resource which needs to be spent wisely. Moreover who knows, IQ might not be an infinite resource. At least its not proven yet. Hence we ought to save it. We might end up spending it too much on foolish people and mumble for words while talking to intelligent people. Secondly, the prestige issue. We must choose our company and the hangout group wisely too. Being with people higher than your IQ might reduce the your prominence. On the other hand being with too foolish people might make you appear fool yourself. So, its very important to choose a group with slightly lower IQ than you in order to remain a star of your troop. Its like the famous dialogue in Julius Caesar play, “I would prefer to at top among mediocres than at bottom among intellectuals”.
Daily Prompt : http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/02/07/daily-prompt-machines/
Image Source : https://manjunathkulkarni.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/d2f7e-head-measurer.jpg
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Driven! | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Time travel | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- I don’t know why this HASN’T been thought of yet.. | From One Crazy Life To Another
- Bad Widgets, Crummy Hot Dogs | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget « cognitive reflection
- Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines | alienorajt
- Just A Little Help! « One Crazy Mom
- Daily Prompt: Plug Me In | Under the Monkey Tree
- Just Tell Me What I Need, Robot | Mitten’sKittens
- HDR Chrome | Greg Urbano
- DP Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Sabethville
- Chronos | My Little Avalon
- World’s Best Widget: My Panda Team | Taare Zameen Par
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Yankee Fork Gold Dredge | Exploratorius
- Help to Slay the Dragon | Misifusa’s Blog
- twinflames not tinkertoys | peacefulblessedstar
- Daily Prompt: A Do-Widget | A New Day
- What We Need Are Replicators!
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Cee’s Photography
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget « Mama Bear Musings
- The Lurker’s List | Top Gadget for 2014 and Counting: A Good Mood Gadget
- Man and Machine | L5GN
- Break down the wall | Le Drake Noir